Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Quick & Easy Pancakes!!

I love pancakes. The sweet and eggy taste makes for a perfect lazy Sunday breakfast.

Not made them from scratch yet and the few times that I’ve made them, I’ve used Betty Crocker Pan Cake Mix. The recipe on the box is quick and simple.

Beat eggs and milk together and then slowly sift in the flour; all the while stirring so that lumps are not formed. Mix well to make a smooth batter.

Heat a pan and pour in a ladle of batter onto it. Spread the batter by turning the pan. Do note that the pan needn’t be greased as the egg in the batter prevents it from sticking (as explained by a good ole friend). Cook on one side till the topmost layer of the batter solidifies and then flip it. Cook till it turns a warm yellow.

Have ‘em hot with fruits, honey, maple syrup or strawberry syrup.

Whenever I make pancakes I usually make copious amounts of batter so that I can satiate my cravings as soon as they come. It can be stored for upto 4 days in the fridge.

No comments: