Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Healthy (read bland) Pasta...

After gorging on beef and going Godzilla on pastries couple of days ago, I’d decided to cut down on calories and tried making an oil free pasta. Very simple to make and not too bad on taste; though my friend told me it was quite bland to her tastes (you can add pepper to make it spicy)


Boil the pasta in good amount of water (about 4 times the quantity of pasta) with salt to taste. Boil veggies and keep them aside. Use a colourful mix of veggies like carrot, peas, capsicum etc.. Since I was going fat/oil free I didn’t make the traditional white sauce. I plainly reduced milk with corn starch and for taste added a spoon of Maggi mushroom soup powder. Mix the boiled pasta and the vegetables with the sauce and you’re done!!

No comments: