Friday, May 05, 2006

What killed the video star?

Yawn.... its a lazy summer afternoon... Ever since a bug bit me a couple of days back leading to a series of allergic reactions, I've been a lil grumpy. I look really funny though. A very normal right side of the face, as opposed to a red, swollen and chubby left side. All this has reduced my wanderings pretty much within the hostel itself. Because I can't show up at the office looking like this, I've been doing my project from my lil non-descrpt room in a hostel at IIMC.

Anyway, coming back to the topic at hand.. well, I was getting tired of sitting in front of the computer all morning. Decided to give my poor sick self a lil break. Dashed to the Coffee Day Xpress outlet just outside my building, grabbed a Cappuchino and rushed back to the safety of my room. (Calcutta is very hot these days to venture out in the afternoons). Put on an ole fav of mine... "Video Killed the Radio Star" by The Buggles






This song has the ditsinction of being the first video to be played on MTV on its debut at 12:00 am on the first of August 1981.


Was googling for a pic for this post when I came across this interesting link. Incidently, a parody of the same song was released in 2001.. "Internet Killed the Video Star".. Its pretty neat. Do check it out.
Well, as for me.. I better get back to work.. :)

No comments: