Sunday, May 14, 2006

And Now.. I'm a beauty contest judge...

Well well... its not every day that one gets to be a beauty contest judge... Isn't it...

Of late I've been frequenting Crosswords, a bookstore in the shopping hub of Calcutta. Coz, its one store that allows you to read to your heart's content, for a long as you want, without chucking you out even if you don't buy a thing. Plus its got an inhouse coffee shop.. Great combination, ain't it folks..

After doing my usual rounds, I was sitting down on one of their cute lil cubical cushioned stools, browsing through some DVDs when a beautiful girl approached me with a cute smile and one of those mechanical "Hellow Sir" greetings..

"I'm doing a survey for a beauty contest, and I would like you to give me a little help.."(sure!) She hands me a sheet which has headshots of about 20 contestants.. "Sir, (all smiles) all you need to do is look through the photographs and choose the contestant whom you think is the most beautiful, stating you reason.." Dudes, how can I say no to such an offer! That too coming from a girl who was no less beautiful...

Eventually I chose one who had this big dreamy eyes... And with that she took the sheet back.. flashed her smile again.. and scooted off hunting for more men..

So, that's been my lil stint with the pageant industry.. as for the girls, may the best contestant wins...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmm...well, u could hv asked her where she is heading to, for her next survey..!