Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Balyakalasmaranakal...


Sometime back, I'd gone home for the weekend. Albeit very busy 3 days, I got time to go with my family to our old quarters where we used to stay before moving into our present house. This was where I grew up and had so many fond childhood memories


And I try to keep touch with my past by visiting the place every once in a while, just driving around those familiar roads, stopping by my old block, the park where we used to play and the road which we used to take while walking back from school. This time round, it was very different. For an upcoming expansion project, the whole place was bulldozed over. What was once a lush area with trees and houses and sounds of children playing has been reduced to rubble.


Before leaving, we also went to the other end of the quarters where my school stands. Went to the park nearby. It was so much fun, playing around the old place. The statue of the snake which scared me as a little boy, the slide which was too steep for me, the mysteries of the open fish and a statue of a soldier around which I always felt protected.


A desperate attempt to cling on to these memories..

No comments: