Sunday, January 18, 2009

On secrets.. truths untold and opening up...

Its 3 in the morning and I've still not gone to sleep. The post is inspired by a coupla things that happened today.

My roomie introduced me to PostSecrect a few days back. The posts were such a revelation... and I kept thinking how it would feel to open up and reveal one's secrets... It certainly takes quite a load off one's mind.. I vividly remember the last time I did that.. Was in the 2nd year of college.. A lazy Sat (or was it Sunday...) when I revealed my biggest secret to J.. something I'd been trying to get off my chest for 8 long years... We talked for a long time that night.. and hell did I cry... but at the end of it all I was glad I did that... else, would have been crushed and consumed by it all... Thanx mate ;)

Just finished watching 'Almost Famous'; one of the really good movies I've seen in a long time. There is this scene towards the end of the film where the protagonists are all in a private plane caught in really rough weather. Impending doom, they all start blurting out their innermost secrets...

What would it feel like to reveal all of your secrets.. I mean all of it; every single detail; even the ones that you try to keep away from yourself. Would others judge you too much? Would one be treated as a social outcast? All possible.. Or is it because our secrets also have a role in defining who we are??

PostSecret.. here I come...

2 comments:

Shekhar said...

Haven't seen 'Almost Famous' though I've heard generally good reviews about the film.

//What would it feel like to reveal all of your secrets.. I mean all of it; every single detail; even the ones that you try to keep away from yourself.

There'll be hell to pay the next day !! ;)

Rakesh said...

well yeah.. did happen once.. said a few things when my sis called up once when I was really drunk.. ended up being bribed a great deal ;)